I cannot remember where I found this, but these are really useful guideposts for anyone.
- Believe in yourself.
- Do the work you love – life is too short not to enjoy every minute.
- Build on your talents.
- Tell the truth and be fair. You need all the friends you can get and integrity is essential for lasting relationships.
- Face the facts. On the other hand:
- Believe in the miracle of great deeds. Don’t see the world as small or be limited by what others believe.
- When you take on a job, give it your best.
- Learn from the past, but live your life and lead others by facing forward.
- Pay attention to loved ones, family and friends.
- Be generous with what you have.