Intelligent goals is the difference between trying to achieve every goal and achieving your true goals. You have to ask yourself:
- What are my true goals in work, relationship and life?
- Why are they my true goals?
You have to differentiate between true goals and fleeting desires and true purpose and vague busyness.
The intelligent goals system has three stages:
In the intelligent goal system there are seven types of goals:
1. Spiritual goals-vision and values: What is my true purpose? What do I value? What do I love most?
2. Character goals-being: Who am I? Who do I want to be? What are my strengths?
3. Achievement goals-doing: What do I want to do?- with my life, work and leisure. What do I want to do before I die?
4. Acquisition goals-having: What do I want to have? What are my financial goals? What are my ownership goals?
5. Relationship goals-giving: What can you give to another person? What is your gift for them? What is their gift for you? How can you receive that?
6. Destination goals-going: Where do you want be…what do you want to do….what you hope to achieve… in 5 years, 10 years, 20 years…?
7. Present-time goals-now: Keep your eye on the journey as well as on the destination. Ask yourself: What is it that I most value about this day? How can I make the most of my life today?
- Right strategy
- Right timing
- Right way
- Right effort
- Right support
- Identifying blocks: external, internal
Regular review, adjustments and making sure you are going on the right path