Exercise has a lot of benefits, some of which are:
- Exercise controls weight by burning calories.
- Exercise combats health conditions and diseases, including stroke, metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes, depression, certain types of cancer, arthritis and falls. The way it fights against cardiovascular diseases is by increasing HDL(the good cholesterol) and decreases unhealthy triglycerides.
- Exercise improves mood. It stimulates various brain chemicals that may leave you feeling happier and more relaxed. You may also feel better about your appearance and yourself when you exercise regularly, which can boost your confidence and improve your self-esteem.
- Exercise boosts energy.It improves your muscle strength and boosts your endurance. It helps your cardiovascular system work more efficiently.You therefore have more energy to go about your daily chores.
- Exercise promotes better sleep. It can help you fall asleep faster and deepen your sleep.
- Exercise puts the spark back into your sex life. It can leave you feeling energized and looking better, which may have a positive effect on your sex life.It can lead to enhanced arousal for women and decreases erectile dysfunction.
- Exercise is fun. It gives you a chance to unwind, enjoy the outdoors or simply engage in activities that make you happy. Physical activity can also help you connect with family or friends in a fun social setting.
There are many ways to be active, from working out in specialised gyms, to just walking or running
Today I want to share a simple way of exercising that requires only 11-12 minutes to do. You can gradually work your way up to the levels recommended for your age. Even if you do not reach the exact level, you can do whatever you can. You can also use basic principles of these exercises and make your own. They do not need anything apart from your own body.
The two pamphlets below detail this method of exercise:
- Exercise for men: The 5BX plan for fitness for men
- Exercise for women: The XBX plan for fitness for women
Read these pamphlets, do the exercises and feel good.