In our life, we meet a lot of people. Some of them come and go immediately, some of them stay in our memories for some time and disappear and there are some who stay for a long time and some who stay for ever.They may be your father, mother, sibling, spouse, friend, colleague, teacher, an author or just about anybody.They influence how you view the world, how you react to events. They may help and they may hurt. This is your cast. Once you know them, you start to know your mind. The thoughts in your mind can be monologues, dialogues or full cast conversations involving these people. They influence your emotions and behaviour and your thoughts more than you can imagine.
To discover your cast, therefore, is very useful to know your mind and knowing your mind is important to lead a meaningful life.
Some questions that can help you to discover your cast are:
- Where did you grow up, and how did your family come to live there?
- Who raised you?
- Who are your siblings and family members?
- Who did you want to be like when you grew up?
- Where did you go to school?
- Who were your friends and teachers?
- Who were your mentors and coaches?
- Who gave you your first job?
- What do you do for a living, and how did you choose it?
- What do you believe in, and who taught it to you?
- What and who attracts you?
- What repulses you?
- Who are your friends, lovers, enemies or rivals?
- What are the major milestones in your life, and who was involved in them?
These questions can help you discover the people who you think are responsible for your being where you are in life now. They will stay with you all your life and knowing them and learning from your cast makes your life more meaningful.