We make decisions, whether we like it or not, each day of our life. We have full control over the decisions we make. If we make effective decisions based on our passions, our life will be effective and meaningful.
How do we make such effective decisions?
- The first step is to stop and reflect. When we do things hastily, we often do it from our emotional side. Stopping and reflecting will allow emotional flooding to pass.
- Then, define the problem precisely.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your current problem-solving strategies.
- Determine any negative results from your current strategy.
- Decide if you want to change problem-solving strategies.
- Brainstorm alternate solutions, if necessary. Do not rule any strategy out immediately. The goal is to give you options.
- Get input from capable, trusted others for more possible solutions.
- Recall your prioritized elements of meaningful living, your passions.
- Choose the strategy that best fits your elements of meaningful living.
- After time, evaluate your results and reconsider if necessary.
Making decisions in this manner will lead you to a more meaningful life.