I have already described the strategy and returns before in these posts:
- Investment strategy 4: Dogs of the S&P CNX Nifty
- The Dogs of the S & P CNX Nifty
- Investment strategy 7: Small Dogs of the S&P CNX Nifty
The returns for year 2013 are as follows:
- Dogs of the S & P CNX Nifty = -7.155%
- Small Dogs of the S&P CNX Nifty= -5.118%
You can see the details in the figure below:
Returns over longer periods of time are shown in the figure below:
You can see that over longer periods of time the Dogs have outperformed the Nifty. But over the last four years Nifty has outperformed. These returns do not include taxes, dividends, trading commissions and slippage.
I still think that the Dogs of the Nifty strategy is a good strategy for individual investors.
Let us see what the Dogs of the S&P CNX Nifty for 2014 are:
We will continue to track the returns of this strategy over time.