1. What you see is what you believe. In truth, the universe was created in utter abundance, even extravagance. It is we who create most of the limitations. For every limitation that you can imagine, in reality, there is something beyond it. But most of us focus on these limitations and hence we, like almost the whole world are asleep- everyone you know, everyone you see, everyone who you talk to. Only a few people are awake and they live in constant total amazement. Like for example, we do work because of the money it gives us. Yes, that is needed, but if all you are receiving for your work is money, you are being grossly underpaid. But if you choose a job you love, you’ll never have to work another day in your life. Then you will see that there is more available than what you have been settling for and will start to notice signs of enoughness in and around yourself.
2. You shrink your world when you think and talk small. When the rest of the world agrees with you, because, like you they also think and talk small, it gets even smaller. Then we become bound by our small cages like caged birds and start to find strange comfort in living tiny lives, and resist change even if it will help us. This is because of fear and withholding and not lack. But we have to remember, that it is not a small world, after all. Remember, great thinkers have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds. There are those who say it can’t be done but if you look carefully, there are people who are doing those things. So do not focus on the negative things around you. Make a list of stuff you would do if you were not afraid. Keep your mouth shut when you feel like complaining about the economy, weather, politics or for that matter, anything.
3. Do not limit life to your beliefs. Expand your beliefs to allow for all that life has to offer. Because if you do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always gotten. But truly successful people pay more attention to their own visions and goals that to the history or opinions of others. Laugh and enjoy life and the things that life gives. Look at your beliefs and expectations and make sure they are positive. If not, change them and you will see your situation changes. You may have inherited your beliefs from your parents and authority figures but you can always reprogram your mind. Remember that you are in charge of your mind.
4. Life is a succession of moments. To live each one is to succeed. Quality and integrity are the best advertising. If you take good care of people, life will take good care of you. Every interaction is an opportunity to practice human connection. If you make these things a habit, excellence is what you will achieve.
5. Remember to enjoy every moment, no matter what.
6. Money is a current of energy that becomes good or evil depending on how you think of it and use it. Know that you have the power to generate wealth, then you will not need to force or withhold it from others. The only money worth having is that which is given and received with joy and choice. But do not get caught in the rat race because the trouble is that even if you win, you are still a rat. So before you climb the ladder of success, be sure you have set it against the right wall.
7. You can make anything out of anything. If you can’t change a situation, you can reframe it in your mind so that it works in your favour. No single person or company is the source of my good. For a web begun, God sends thread. So remember, that your source is infinite and it can find you in ways that you haven’t even thought of. So relax and follow your intuition-ease is a more effective success attitude than struggle.
8. Happiness is not something that happens to you. It’s an attitude you cultivate. If you feel rich, you are. There are lots of riches beside money. You may want more and that is healthy and natural. But just don’t forget to enjoy what you have. You can always be rich now. The secret is to live as if everything is a miracle.
9. Life is guided by an intelligence that matches people with the things they need. There is a part of you that is clear and strong, even when other parts are not. In a crisis, my best move is to let that part lead. Somehow everything works out. There is no point in worrying because it does not get you anywhere else. Trust yourself and fear nothing in life.
10.Do things with passion and a whole heart as you can never retire from life. Chase your passion, not your pension. Let the beauty we love be what we do. Before you die, dare to walk the wildest unknown way. You have to walk in your shoes, not in someone elses’. Enjoy people you love as if it is the last time you will see them. Know what you prefer and do that.
notes from the book, ” How good can it get? by Alan Cohen”