When things do not go according to plan, go through this three-step process:
- Can I control this situation? If yes, do it.
- Can I influence anything around this situation? If yes, do it.
- If you cannot control or influence, then accept it for now.
When you have situations you do not like, do either of these two things:
- Change it: think about option or let go of it.
- Change your attitude to it: think about what is positive about the situation.
If you want to get somewhere, think of it as a three-step process:
- Deciding where you want to go.
- Realising where you are now.
- Setting off.
Prioritise your work by this four- step process:
- Work on the urgent and important first.
- Work on the not urgent and important second.
- Handle the urgent and unimportant in new ways.
- Avoid the non-urgent and non-important things.
If you want to achieve goals, then you should have these three mental states:
- Clarity: you should be clear about them
- Belief: you should believe you will achieve them( even if they are a stretch or seemingly impossible)
- Action: you should act as if they have come about already.
Have only a list of three things( no more, no less) that you want to do or progress in each day.